3.5 lbs Jersey pattern single bit axe with phantom bevels and a 36" curved handle. This shape features lugs or ears that increase the surface contact area with the handle. A full-sized felling axe for general axe chores. Phantom bevels or hallows are designed to reduce sticking and burst wood chips.
- Head made from forged tool steel
- Hand sharpened, tapered bit for cutting and splitting
- Designed to exceed ANSI standards--edge is Rc 48-55 in hardness at 1.25" back from cutting edge (the poll and eye walls are not hardened and remain in their forged condition)
- Natural steel finish on head and cutting edges coated in clear lacquer to deter rust
- American hickory handle, eye section is dried to below 10% moisture content to minimize shrinkage and help prevent loosening
- Axe head is hydraulically seated onto handle and secured with a serrated aluminum wedge--the serrated edge improves bite and the aluminum material is strong, lightweight and does not change size with moisture
- The interior detail of the eye is tapered and allows for a strong mechanical bond (about 1/2" of the handle is actually removed during assembly)
Although Westech Rigging Supply strives to manufacture and sell the highest quality rigging and safety gear, use of the gear is dangerous if not used correctly by competent trained professionals. Westech Rigging Supply disclaims any liability resulting from the misuse of its rigging and safety gear. Please take a moment to more thoroughly review our disclaimer.
Westech Rigging Supply rigging and safety gear is only intended to be used by competent trained professionals. Misuse of the rigging and safety gear can result in serious injury up to and including loss of life. As such, Westech Rigging Supply disclaims liability for any misuse or incorrect product selection by our customers.
Rigging and safety gear purchased from Westech Rigging Supply should be used in strict accordance with all industry and OSHA standards. At no time should rigging or safety gear be used beyond its certified load ratings (aka Working Load Limits). Normal wear and tear should be expected with use of rigging and safety gear; therefore, all gear should be thoroughly inspected before each and every use. Worn or unsafe rigging and safety gear should never be used.