Modeled after the well-known “Boy’s Axe” of the US Forest Service, this beauty takes improved performance one step further. Like the Velvicut Hudson Bay, the axe is pierced with a special punch forming ribs horizontally and vertically inside the eye. Unique upsetting technique creates more contact area and “bite” between the head to handle joint. The result is a stronger, more durable tool.
The Dayton patterned head features somewhat thicker cheeks than other axes in the marketplace. Its angle is approximately 25º but is slightly convex. This superlative design feature is preferred by many tool experts, including the US Forest Service. Its profile, in conjunction with its sharpness, provides a deep bite into wood--like American hardwoods--without sticking. Each axe is hand-sharpened (to fit a gauge, ensuring consistency).
Handle pattern features a prominent grip and a slim body that allows the handle to flex a bit, improving the ergonomics. Its traditional pattern embodies the heirloom quality of axes from times gone by.
The “BAD AXE BOY’S AXE” is a great mid-sized tool perfect for camping or to keep handy in a vehicle or at home. It’s small enough to split kindling but “BAD” enough to chop a small tree.
Beware: this well-balanced axe arrives razor sharp.
- 2.25 lbs head is guaranteed to last a lifetime
- Forged using 5160 grade alloy steel...“Council” is displayed on one side of the head, and the other is proudly marked “USA“
- Bit is heat treated and quenched approximately 1? inch from the cutting edge, then tempered for maximum edge holding and toughness--final hardness Rc 52-56
- Handle is made of grade “A” American hickory and selected for grain orientation and density, making it strong, and is mounted to head in the traditional manner using a softwood wedge along with a round steel wedge for added security
- Axe head is coated with light oil to prevent rusting and to showcase the exceptional Council Tool craftsmanship, a Linseed oil coating is applied to protect the handle
- Premium leather sheath protects the tool and user and features a buckle for fastening, a belt slit and an embossed logo--like its companion axe, the sheath is MADE IN USA
There are no questions or answers for this item.
Although Westech Rigging Supply strives to manufacture and sell the highest quality rigging and safety gear, use of the gear is dangerous if not used correctly by competent trained professionals. Westech Rigging Supply disclaims any liability resulting from the misuse of its rigging and safety gear. Please take a moment to more thoroughly review our disclaimer.
Westech Rigging Supply rigging and safety gear is only intended to be used by competent trained professionals. Misuse of the rigging and safety gear can result in serious injury up to and including loss of life. As such, Westech Rigging Supply disclaims liability for any misuse or incorrect product selection by our customers.
Rigging and safety gear purchased from Westech Rigging Supply should be used in strict accordance with all industry and OSHA standards. At no time should rigging or safety gear be used beyond its certified load ratings (aka Working Load Limits). Normal wear and tear should be expected with use of rigging and safety gear; therefore, all gear should be thoroughly inspected before each and every use. Worn or unsafe rigging and safety gear should never be used.