The I’D L self-braking descender is primarily designed for technical rescue. It has a multi-function handle that allows control of the descent speed, positioning at a work station without the need to tie off the device, and fluid movement along inclined or horizontal terrain. The integrated anti-panic function and anti-error catch limit the risk of an accident due to user error. Its rugged construction makes it particularly suited for hauling and lowering heavy loads.
- Self-braking descender with anti-panic function
- Multi-functional handle allows the user to unblock the rope and control the descent with the hand on the free end of the rope, move more easily on horizontal or low-angle terrain (thanks to the button on the handle) and get into position without having to tie off the device
- Anti-panic function is engaged if the user pulls too strongly on the handle, brakes and stops the descent automatically
- Anti-error safety catch to reduce the risk of an accident due to incorrect installation of the device on the rope (the shape of the cam is designed to improve rope glide when ascending)
- The safety gate on the moving side plate helps prevent dropping the device and facilitates installation of the rope when passing intermediate anchors
- Pivoting cam facilitates taking up the slack in the rope and can also be used to make a reversible haul system, and for short ascents (in conjunction with a FootPro and Ascension devices)
There are no questions or answers for this item.
Although Westech Rigging Supply strives to manufacture and sell the highest quality rigging and safety gear, use of the gear is dangerous if not used correctly by competent trained professionals. Westech Rigging Supply disclaims any liability resulting from the misuse of its rigging and safety gear. Please take a moment to more thoroughly review our disclaimer.
Westech Rigging Supply rigging and safety gear is only intended to be used by competent trained professionals. Misuse of the rigging and safety gear can result in serious injury up to and including loss of life. As such, Westech Rigging Supply disclaims liability for any misuse or incorrect product selection by our customers.
Rigging and safety gear purchased from Westech Rigging Supply should be used in strict accordance with all industry and OSHA standards. At no time should rigging or safety gear be used beyond its certified load ratings (aka Working Load Limits). Normal wear and tear should be expected with use of rigging and safety gear; therefore, all gear should be thoroughly inspected before each and every use. Worn or unsafe rigging and safety gear should never be used.