The Pirana descender offers multiple braking options and can be installed on the rope without removing it from the harness. Designed for use with canyoning descent techniques.
- Multiple braking options and can be installed on the rope without removing it from the harness
- Designed for use with canyoning descent techniques
- Three different braking positions to select from before beginning a descent and two supplementary braking spurs allow friction to be varied during descent
- A carabiner with a cross section of 12 mm provides a tight fit in the small hole, creating a rigid carabiner / descender unit
- Stays securely attached to the harness during rope insertion, helping to prevent loss
- Reduces the risk of leverage on the carabiner gate due to poor positioning, and when used correctly it prevents the formation of a lark's head hitch around the body and reduces kinks in the rope (without decreasing braking friction)
There are no questions or answers for this item.
Although Westech Rigging Supply strives to manufacture and sell the highest quality rigging and safety gear, use of the gear is dangerous if not used correctly by competent trained professionals. Westech Rigging Supply disclaims any liability resulting from the misuse of its rigging and safety gear. Please take a moment to more thoroughly review our disclaimer.
Westech Rigging Supply rigging and safety gear is only intended to be used by competent trained professionals. Misuse of the rigging and safety gear can result in serious injury up to and including loss of life. As such, Westech Rigging Supply disclaims liability for any misuse or incorrect product selection by our customers.
Rigging and safety gear purchased from Westech Rigging Supply should be used in strict accordance with all industry and OSHA standards. At no time should rigging or safety gear be used beyond its certified load ratings (aka Working Load Limits). Normal wear and tear should be expected with use of rigging and safety gear; therefore, all gear should be thoroughly inspected before each and every use. Worn or unsafe rigging and safety gear should never be used.