- Made in the United States of America!
- USUALLY SHIPS: 1 - 2 Days
- This product is rated for overhead lifting.
- This product is eligible for FREE SHIPPING.
- Quenched & Tempered
- Alloy bows, alloy bolts
- Forged alloy steel 2 through 250 metric tons, cast alloy steel 400 metric tons
- Meets performance requirements of Grade 8 shackles
- Working Load Limit is permanently shown on every shackle
- 30, 40, 55, and 85 metric ton shackle bows are available galvanized (G) or self colored (S) with bolts that are galvanized and painted red
- Sizes 3/8" and below are mechanically galvanized
- 120, 150, 175 metric ton shackle bows are hot-dip galvanized; bolts are Dimetcoted and painted red
- 200, 250, 300, 400 metric ton shackle bows are Dimetcoted; bolts are Dimetcoted and painted red
- Sizes 1-1/2" and larger are RFID equipped
- Approved for use at -40° C (-40° F) to 204° C (400° F)
- Shackles are Quenched & Tempered and can meet DNV impact requirements of 42 Joules (31 ft-lb) at -20° C (-4° F)
- All sizes are individually proof tested to 2.0 times the Working Load Limit
- Crosby COLD TUFF® shackles that meet the additional requirements of DNV rules for certification of lifting applications - loose gear are available
- Shackles 200 metric tons and larger are provided as follows:
- Serialized bolt and bow
- Material certification (chemical)
- Magnetic particle inspected
- Certification must be requested at time of order
- Meets or exceeds all requirements of ASME B30.26 including identification, ductility, design factor, proof load and temperature requirements; 2140 shackles meet other critical performance requirements including impact properties and material traceability, not addressed by ASME B30.26
- Type Approval certification in accordance with ABS 2016 Steel Vessel Rules and 2016 ABS Guide for Certification of Lifting Appliances; certificates available when requested at time of order and may include additional charges
- G-2140 meets the performance requirements of Federal Specification RR-C-271G, Type IVA, Grade B, Class 3, except for those provisions required of the contractor; for additional information, see Warnings & Applications
- Look for the Red Pin®... the mark of genuine Crosby quality
Although Westech Rigging Supply strives to manufacture and sell the highest quality rigging and safety gear, use of the gear is dangerous if not used correctly by competent trained professionals. Westech Rigging Supply disclaims any liability resulting from the misuse of its rigging and safety gear. Please take a moment to more thoroughly review our disclaimer.
Westech Rigging Supply rigging and safety gear is only intended to be used by competent trained professionals. Misuse of the rigging and safety gear can result in serious injury up to and including loss of life. As such, Westech Rigging Supply disclaims liability for any misuse or incorrect product selection by our customers.
Rigging and safety gear purchased from Westech Rigging Supply should be used in strict accordance with all industry and OSHA standards. At no time should rigging or safety gear be used beyond its certified load ratings (aka Working Load Limits). Normal wear and tear should be expected with use of rigging and safety gear; therefore, all gear should be thoroughly inspected before each and every use. Worn or unsafe rigging and safety gear should never be used.