CM 3/4" Theatrical Screw Pin Anchor Shackle - 6-1/2 Ton WLL - #M652B
- USUALLY SHIPS: 1 - 2 Days
- Made in the United States of America!
- This product is rated for overhead lifting.
- Specially designed for the rigging needs of the entertainment industry with a black powder coated finish
- Manufactured from technically advanced micro alloy material
- Shackles have a "Distortion Detector" feature designed to visually indicate whether the product has been previously overloaded
- All shackles have alloy Quenched and Tempered pins
- Working Load Limit (WLL) and traceability codes shown as permanent marking on body
- Special testing and certification is available upon request at the time of the order
The Charpy V-Notch Test was developed during World War 2 to test the penetration resistance of steel armor. It has since evolved into a method to test for toughness of steel in critical structures such as buildings or bridges.
In this test, a bar is mounted horizontally with the notch facing away from an impact weight suspended on a pendulum. When the weight is released, it swings down and breaks through the bar. An indicator measures how far the pendulum is continues to swing after breaking the bar. The momentum of the pendulum is then the measure of the resistance of the material to breaking or penetration.
CM Super Strong Shackles, with the lower hardness values, will consistently pull more than a competitor's carbon shackles of the same diameter. CM Super Strong Shackles were designed to improve overall load strength and ductility without an increase in shackle diameter.
CM Alloy Shackles will meet the Charpy Impact Test requirements. Results of this testing show that CM Alloy Shackles greatly exceed the minimum strength requirements.
Questions & Answers
Westech Rigging Supply rigging and safety gear is only intended to be used by competent trained professionals. Misuse of the rigging and safety gear can result in serious injury up to and including loss of life. As such, Westech Rigging Supply disclaims liability for any misuse or incorrect product selection by our customers.
Rigging and safety gear purchased from Westech Rigging Supply should be used in strict accordance with all industry and OSHA standards. At no time should rigging or safety gear be used beyond its certified load ratings (aka Working Load Limits). Normal wear and tear should be expected with use of rigging and safety gear; therefore, all gear should be thoroughly inspected before each and every use. Worn or unsafe rigging and safety gear should never be used.