3/8" x 300 ft Swaged Strawline / Haywire
- USUALLY SHIPS: 1 - 2 Days
- This product is not eligible for free shipping.
In logging, strawline (aka haywire) is a small diameter cable fitted with special hooks, typically sold in common pre-cut lengths of 250 - 300 ft. It is carried and pulled by hand across the canyon or up the opposite side of the mountain, and then connected to a heavier cable (for example, a skyline). It is then used in a system of blocks and pulleys, and pulled by the machine (yarder) to get the skyline out into the brush, ultimately reaching the anchor point. The size of the cable you intend to move / pull determines the diameter of the strawline you use--the bigger, the stronger. This strawline section is made from Swaged Wire Rope, which means it gives you the ultimate in strength and performance. Because it is compacted, it weighs more per foot than regular cable, which also makes it stronger. The outside of the cable, due to being compacted, is also smoother than regular cable which makes it tougher and more resistant to snags and abrasion.
- Made with 6x26 WS high-performance swaged wire rope, which is compacted after being closed…this means a greater linear density and higher strength rating
- End fittings are professionally swaged (aka pressed) according to industry standards
- Eyes are knotted according to industry standard
- Each section is banded for easy handling
- Custom sizes and lengths available upon request
* Breaking Strength shown is the full rated tensile strength of the wire rope. Please note that given the way strawline is tied in knots, and how it is used in the field, this full Breaking Strength may not be achieved.
Wire Rope Size
Breaking Strength (lbs)
Questions & Answers
There are no questions or answers for this item.
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
Westech Rigging Supply rigging and safety gear is only intended to be used by competent trained professionals. Misuse of the rigging and safety gear can result in serious injury up to and including loss of life. As such, Westech Rigging Supply disclaims liability for any misuse or incorrect product selection by our customers.
Rigging and safety gear purchased from Westech Rigging Supply should be used in strict accordance with all industry and OSHA standards. At no time should rigging or safety gear be used beyond its certified load ratings (aka Working Load Limits). Normal wear and tear should be expected with use of rigging and safety gear; therefore, all gear should be thoroughly inspected before each and every use. Worn or unsafe rigging and safety gear should never be used.