3/8" 6x36 Class Wire Rope - 15100 lbs Breaking Strength
- USUALLY SHIPS: 1 - 2 Days
- Full Spool Length: 5,000
- This product is not eligible for free shipping.
- This product is imported. Country of Origin subject to change.
- Still considered a general purpose wire rope, yet more flexible than 6x19 class with greater fatigue resistance
- 6x36 class, compatible with 6x31 and 6x37 variations
- Made from Extra Improved Plow Steel (EIPS) with an Independent Wire Rope Center (IWRC)
- Often used for slings and winch lines, but finer outer wires make this rope more susceptible to abrasion
- Ideal when extra flexibility is required (for example, bending around a small sheave or for wrapping a load tightly)
- Mill certificates available upon request
Bright / Plain
Breaking Strength (lbs)
Weight / ft (lbs)
Questions & Answers
I need to replace 200' of cable on my log skidding winch. The unit currently has 3/8" 6x36 on it but I noticed in the description here that 6x36 is more susceptible to abrasion. This is actually what wore out the current cable. Do you have a suggestion on what if any other would be better for my application and would you suggest replacing with galvanized or stainless?
Westech Rigging Supply rigging and safety gear is only intended to be used by competent trained professionals. Misuse of the rigging and safety gear can result in serious injury up to and including loss of life. As such, Westech Rigging Supply disclaims liability for any misuse or incorrect product selection by our customers.
Rigging and safety gear purchased from Westech Rigging Supply should be used in strict accordance with all industry and OSHA standards. At no time should rigging or safety gear be used beyond its certified load ratings (aka Working Load Limits). Normal wear and tear should be expected with use of rigging and safety gear; therefore, all gear should be thoroughly inspected before each and every use. Worn or unsafe rigging and safety gear should never be used.