The Rig is a compact self-braking descender primarily designed for experienced rope access workers. It has a multi-function handle that allows control of the descent speed and positioning at a work station without the need to tie off the device. The safety clip reduces the risk of dropping the device and facilitates passing of intermediate anchors. And the automatic return system on the handle limits risks in case of an involuntary action by the user.
- A compact, self-braking descender
- Designed for rope access work (expert users only)
- Multi-functional handle allows the user to unblock the rope and control the descent with the hand on the free end of the rope and get into position without having to tie off the device
- The automatic return system on the handle limits risks in case of an involuntary action by the user, handle storage position reduces the risk of snagging when the descender is being carried on the harness
- The safety gate on the moving side plate helps prevent dropping the device and facilitates installation of the rope when passing intermediate anchors
- Pivoting cam facilitates taking up the slack in the rope and can also be used to make a reversible haul system, and for short ascents (in conjunction with a FootPro and Ascension devices)
There are no questions or answers for this item.
Although Westech Rigging Supply strives to manufacture and sell the highest quality rigging and safety gear, use of the gear is dangerous if not used correctly by competent trained professionals. Westech Rigging Supply disclaims any liability resulting from the misuse of its rigging and safety gear. Please take a moment to more thoroughly review our disclaimer.
Westech Rigging Supply rigging and safety gear is only intended to be used by competent trained professionals. Misuse of the rigging and safety gear can result in serious injury up to and including loss of life. As such, Westech Rigging Supply disclaims liability for any misuse or incorrect product selection by our customers.
Rigging and safety gear purchased from Westech Rigging Supply should be used in strict accordance with all industry and OSHA standards. At no time should rigging or safety gear be used beyond its certified load ratings (aka Working Load Limits). Normal wear and tear should be expected with use of rigging and safety gear; therefore, all gear should be thoroughly inspected before each and every use. Worn or unsafe rigging and safety gear should never be used.