Yale Cordage 3/8" x 125 ft Ultrex UHMWPE Synthetic Winch Line - 20000 lbs Breaking Strength
- This product is eligible for FREE SHIPPING.
- USUALLY SHIPS: 3 - 5 Days
- Made in the United States of America!
Around here, in the Pacific Northwest, many call this "logging rope" because so many loggers have used it to make extensions, or even as a drum line (aka winch line). We stock it in common sizes, but we also get special pieces in larger diameters like 1" and 1-1/8". And please, stack this rope up against the competition and you'll see how well it specs out.
We have one local customer that retrieves off-road vehicles for a living. They have put this rope to the test time and time again, expecting it to fail. Guess what! It hasn't! They have had a few straps (yes, we can splice straps for you too) in service for years, and they're still performing well. You won't be disappointed!
- 12-strand, single braid of 100% Ultra High Molecular Weight Polyethylene (UHMWPE)
- Coated with Maxijacket, provides superior abrasion resistance
- Braid angles and twist level are designed to optimize breaking strength
- Runs well over sheaves
- Zero water absorption and maintains flexibility even in freezing conditions
- Known as "Logging Rope" in the Pacific Northwest, it's also very popular for winching…we have professional users that retrieve off-road vehicles for a living, and they swear by this rope
- Ships complete with a chafe guard sleeve (4 ft) and gusseted Blue Line Thimble
- Available with a strong, Grade 80 rigging hook that is removable if needed (hook has a breaking strength of hook is 28,400 lbs)
Breaking Strength (lbs)
Questions & Answers
It is possible, yes. But, be sure that your winch drum is free from cuts and abrasion. If you have roller fairleads, make sure they are in good shape and that they still roll. Synthetic rope is incredible strong and a pleasure to work with, but if you introduce it onto a winch that previously was running steel cable, there can be opportunities for premature failure due to knicks and gouges in your current hardware that are severe enough to damage your rope.
Westech Rigging Supply rigging and safety gear is only intended to be used by competent trained professionals. Misuse of the rigging and safety gear can result in serious injury up to and including loss of life. As such, Westech Rigging Supply disclaims liability for any misuse or incorrect product selection by our customers.
Rigging and safety gear purchased from Westech Rigging Supply should be used in strict accordance with all industry and OSHA standards. At no time should rigging or safety gear be used beyond its certified load ratings (aka Working Load Limits). Normal wear and tear should be expected with use of rigging and safety gear; therefore, all gear should be thoroughly inspected before each and every use. Worn or unsafe rigging and safety gear should never be used.